This is the fact that, all of us prefer bushy eyebrows, long bent eyelashes, and a thick shiny hair. However, an excessive growth of hair in unusual places as well as a thick hair growth in the unwanted places causing many troubles for owners. Let’s read this post carefully to deep understand this phenomenon.
The medical term for excessive growth of hair in unusual places
In terms of medicine, the term that describes the excessive growth of hair especially in unusual places is known as hypertrichosis. That disease occupies about 9% of reproductive age and is frequent with women. As many scientific records, the excessive growth of hair is due to male hormone secretion state which is called Androgen. The abnormalities of androgen production may result in excessive growth of hair in unusual places in women. That leads to unwanted hair growth some places such as back, chin, chest which are in men only.
The reason for the excessive growth of hair
The excessive growth of hair or hair growth in unusual places is known as which of the reason as follows:
– Genetics: According to many scientific types of research, excessive growth could run in families. This means that if your parents are hairy or have excessive hair growth, you might be at risk to suffer this disease with a 70% rate, whatever your gender.
– Due to eating habits: One of the reasons causing excessive hair growth is bad eating habits. Many people tend to underestimate their eating habits while this plays an important role in hair growth. People do not know that, anorexia or even eat less will cause hair to grow more than normal. Besides, if you eat too much sweet will make the insulin resistance that leads to increasing the number of male hormones which in turn causing hair to grow more.
– Due to some illnesses: Ovarian cysts is one of the reasons that rises the excessive hair growth. In the period of ovarian cysts, menstrual irregularities lead to hormonal disorders which in turn stimulate the hair to grow much and faster. Moreover, some diseases like dermatitis or psoriasis…are also culprits that make an excessive growth of hair.
– Use of some medications: Via many researchers, some ingredients in medication such as hexachlorobenzene, minoxidil or phenytoin could stimulate the excessive hair growth in unusual places like back, chin, chest…in women
The excessive hair growth in unusual places cause to suffer many dangerous diseases
As some researches, the excessive presence of hair or hair growth in unusual places cause many dangerous diseases as follows:
– Polycystic ovary syndrome: Those who suffer polycystic ovary syndrome is usually have abnormal hair growth. This disease disturbs male hormone regulation, adrenal dysfunction and causes lots of diseases related to kidney…
– Hypophysoma: People who suffer hypophysoma and leukemia will cause excessive growth of hair in the body. In addition, people who are impaired thyroid function or increase the amount of insulin in blood or use hormone medicine can make the presence of hair in unusual place more and denser
– Endocrine disorders: Women who excessive hair growth in abnormal parts or in men only such as chin, margin, breast…might be related to endocrine conditions.
Some solution to solve the excessive hair growth in unusual places
Experts advise that it is unnecessary to treat the excessive growth of hair if this phenomenon is not due to a disease. In order to limit this situation, you should maintain a healthy lifestyle, reduce high-fat food, sweet, alcohol, and carbonated drinks. Instead, make eating healthy habits with more vegetables, fruits, and cereals as well as exercise regularly.
On the other hand, you can try some method as below:
– Mechanical methods: The simplest method is shaving hair and waxing hair which has effective immediately. However, after that, the hair will back to grow more and faster
– Chemical methods: This method is not effective with excessive hair and causes irritating to the skin
– Laser methods: This method is reviewed with excellent results. The excessive growth of hair in unusual areas reduce clearly and bring permanent effect in some people. However, the price of this method is really expensive.
– Medication methods: Nowadays, there are many kinds of drug using to treat the excessive growth of hair. The drug can reduce the androgen-producing to slow growth of hair. However, this method must be prescribed by doctors to ensure the safety of your health.
In cases the excessive growth of hair due to a disease, you should go to the hospital to get the best treatment direction. Any self-treatment or using medicine without the prescription from doctors is not recommended
Finally, I really hope this post will help you to recognize that excessive growth of hair in unusual areas is not a really serious situation. Remember to read this post carefully and find the best and suitable way to your status.